Mark Troman recently represented a man who, when advised by the duty solicitor, confessed to drug possession after numerous quantities of a class A drug were found in his home. He found us by recommendation and asked for our help. He had confessed in a misguided attempt to protect another from the consequneces. By carefully listening to a complex personal history, Mark was able to build a defence to set that unreliable confession in its true context and was pleased when the jury unanimously acquitted the client. To compound matters, the client was a member of a professional body and was not properly advised of the ramifications of his actions. We urge people to ensure they call out our specialist criminal defence solicitors from the outset, had we been instructed from the start it is likely this lengthy case could have been avoided.
- 3 May 2022 – CPS drop the case
- 3 May 2022 – Limiting the damage
- April 2022 – Not guilty!
- Metro Blind Sport Annual Athletics Open 2022 Appeal
- Double Acquittal
- Man acquitted of serious firearms offences after gang evidence excluded and DNA evidence undermined
- Shooting at Broadwater Farm Estate
- Double murder victory by Sinead Zaman of Powell Spencer and Ali Bajwa QC of Garden Court Chambers
- Knife Crime Prevention Orders: punishment without conviction?