Mark Troman recently represented a man who, when advised by the duty solicitor, confessed to drug possession after numerous quantities of a class A drug were found in his home. He found us by recommendation and asked for our help. He had confessed in a misguided attempt to protect another from the consequneces. By carefully listening to a complex personal history, Mark was able to build a defence to set that unreliable confession in its true context and was pleased when the jury unanimously acquitted the client. To compound matters, the client was a member of a professional body and was not properly advised of the ramifications of his actions. We urge people to ensure they call out our specialist criminal defence solicitors from the outset, had we been instructed from the start it is likely this lengthy case could have been avoided.
- Acquitted of Murder following 3 month COVID trial
- Domestic Abuse and Injunctions
- Protecting clients and staff in the pandemic
- 9 January 2020 – A great result at Snaresbrook Crown Court
- 13 January 2020 – Client acquitted of sex offences
- 27 January 2020 – Not Guilty!
- A Report of Powell Spencer & Partners work for the RMT Union from the latest RMT Magazine.
- 11 December 2019 – Not Guilty of Murder
- 14 November 2019 – USA airline crew over the limit
- 11 September 2019 – Modern Slavery Act